- Victoria’s forecast for 2018/19 water allocations will come out on 15 February.
- In April, the MDBA will release a report on the social and economic impacts of the Basin Plan.
- Hybrid solar-diesel pumps are coming onto the market, in particular bore pumps. One farmer claims to save $35/ML in pumping costs. Link Newer systems have simpler power electronics that eliminate the need for solar inverters. Link
- Coorong farmers install desalination plant to enable use of brackish water, to cut costs. Link
- Commonwealth Environmental Water Holder, David Papps, is retiring. He will be replaced by Jody Swirepik. Link
- Irrigated agriculture “booming” with land prices in the Murray and Murrumbidgee valleys doubling in the last three years. Link
- Goulburn-Murray Water has more than halved its delivery losses since Millennium drought. On the other hand, they’re delivering less water. Link
- 19 km of pipelines to be constructed in the Goulburn-Murray Irrigation District during the irrigation season. Link
- Goulburn-Murray Water runs at a $90 million loss, but a large part of the change is depreciation. Link
- Goulburn-Murray Water has prosecuted two water thieves and has more they will take to court. Link
- WaterNSW launches new call centre to give comprehensive water licensing and water trading information. Link
- WaterNSW releases their Lower Darling Operations Plan. Link
- Murray Irrigation Limited upgrade enters next phase. Link
- NSW water executive allegedly receives golden handshake. Link
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.